For more information or clarification about our activities, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state Activities in the subject line.
For an example of our calendar, not protected, see below at bottom of page.
Got an idea for an activity? Contact email@example.com
Please leave your contact information along with your suggestion or idea. We will be in touch. Thanks!
See below for an alphabetical overview of our current activities. For further information on each activity click ‘more’ (you must be a member to access).
- AFTERNOON TEA: ‘Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves – slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future.’ – Thich Nat Hahn. Enjoy the quintessentially English tradition of Afternoon Tea among friends at unique or lauded restaurants in the London area. Join us for tea, scones and a touch of total civility! more
- AREA COFFEES: Area Coffees are a great time to see old friends and meet new ones. No matter what neighborhood the coffee takes place in, every member of the AWC is welcome to attend. more
- ART & ANTIQUES: Art & ANTIQUES arranges activities focusing on events happening in the greater London area art and antiques scene. This includes visits and tours to arts-related venues for a close-up look at collections and shows which are not always well known to the general public, usually with an interesting and knowledgeable guide. more
- BOOK GROUPS – Book Club: Day – This is an informal, lively group for those who enjoy reading. Participants choose a broad range of contemporary selections. Book Club: Evening – This is an informal group for those who love to read. Books can range from classics to contemporary. All literary enthusiasts and their “must reads” are welcome! more
- BRIDGE GROUP: All beginner and intermediate players who enjoy a friendly game of bridge are welcome. As the game is played, there is opportunity to go over the rules and to improve your game. more
- BUMPS TO JUMPS/BABY-TODDLER GROUP – Provides support and discussion for expectant mothers (bumps), mothers of new babies and mothers of toddler age children (jumps). The group offers a great opportunity for mothers and children to socialize together. more
- BUNKO: Bunko is a fun, mindless, non-competitive dice game. You must be able to roll the dice, count and talk all at the same time! We will play at least 3 rounds. No experience necessary! more
- BUSINESS WOMEN’S GROUP: Welcomes all AWC members, whether or not they are presently working outside the home. Programs include interesting speakers, workshops, business leaders and social events. The BWG meets on a monthly basis and in the evening. more
- CELLAR DWELLERS: Join us for a relaxed evening of wine tasting as we explore different wines/spirits and their origins. We’ll meet monthly at various wine venues in London. Spouses are welcome! more
- CLASSICAL MUSIC GROUP: “Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul.” – Plato. Whether it’s getting a grip on Handel or going for Baroque, listening to some of the up-and-coming student recitals at the Royal Academies, or savoring strings in a historic church, we explore the numerous musical opportunities London has to offer. We meet about once a month at various venues around the city, with either an early lunch before or coffee after the concert to discuss the musical program. Occasional tours and evening programs may be added in the future. more
- DAY TRIPS: Enjoy seeing what London and the beautiful countryside has to offer. At times, Day Trips will leave the noise and pollution behind while visiting many exquisite and historical sites in the English countryside. Trips generally feature a guided tour of a unique castle or home, often with gardens. more
- DRINKS ETC: Join this fun monthly social event held on Friday or Saturday evening from 6:30-9:00PM and introduce your spouse or partner to your London friends. Bring a beverage and snack to share and enjoy the company of new and old friends at different AWC members’ homes. See Weekly Update for dates and locations. more
- FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD: Are you interested in food (cooking it, eating it, learning about it)? Want a great way to explore all that multi-cultural London has to offer? Come along with Food, Glorious Food on our culinary adventures in and around London! We explore markets, we cook foreign cuisines, we learn, we eat, and we have fun! more
- FOREVER 29: These activities are geared for our younger members, but there is no age minimum or maximum. This group is busy with all London has to offer.more
- GARDEN TOUR GROUP: The UK is a gardeners’ paradise. This group is busy almost every week touring some of its most beautiful gardens and attending garden related exhibits. more
- HEALTH & FITNESS: Chips and ‘puds’ doing damage to your waistline? Just love a healthy lifestyle? Would you like to meet-up with like-minded others? Join the Health and Fitness Fanatics for runs around London, to try new fitness trends and to learn ways to stay healthy and in shape – and have fun while doing it! more
- HIKING: For members wishing to experience the English countryside on foot. The benefits include exercise, making new friends and enjoying a pub lunch. Walking and talking while enjoying the outdoors can be very therapeutic and FUN! Hikes range from seven to thirteen miles depending on the season and daylight. There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing! more
- LET’S DO LUNCH: Let’s do Lunch is an opportunity to try new and different eating establishments in and around Central London. We incorporate different themes Like Chinese New Year in Chinatown, Cinco de Mayo at a Mexican restaurant, and al fresco dining (weather permitting) in the Summertime. more
- LONDON WALKS: For inquisitive members who wish to learn more about the city’s exciting past, as well as its modern and innovative aspects. Join London Walks for a variety of sightseeing experiences in and around London, usually with a Blue Badge guide. more
- MAH JONGG: An ancient Chinese game played with tiles that has gained popularity around the world, Mah Jongg exercises your brain and is a great backdrop for building friendships with other members. Don’t know how to play? There are monthly teaching days. more
- MEXICAN TRAIN DOMINOES: Join us for a fun and easy game of dominoes that requires a little bit of thinking, but mostly chatting and nibbling. No experience is necessary – everyone is welcome! more
- MONDAY MORNING COFFEE: The Monday Morning Coffee group has traveled London in search of the perfect cup of Joe! We have drunk flat whites at urinals, sipped our lattes with chocolate spoons and even given English bacon the college try whilst enjoying a 360 degree view of the London skyline. Along the way we have shared stories and laughs. Why not join us and get your Monday morning started with a jolt of caffeine? more
- PUB QUIZ: It couldn’t get more British than this… Compete in exclusive pub quiz where we test our knowledge for the love of winning silly prizes. more
- RONALD McDONALD HOUSE: Several times a month we gather a group of our members to prepare a meal for the guests of the Ronald McDonald House. These are families of seriously ill children who are being treated at the Eveline Children’s Hospital. The families truly appreciate and gain comfort from the caring touch that these home cooked meals provide. more
- RUNNING GROUP: Women on the Run offers you a way to stay in shape, commune with the great outdoors, and socialize with your compatriots. Come jog with us through London’s amazing parks and experience the quiet beauty of nature in the midst of a bustling city. All speeds welcome. more
- SHOPAHOLICS: For those who want to take advantage of the wonderful shopping experiences around London beyond the usual high street shops! more
- SOUP KITCHEN: Two times every month, the AWC needs SIX volunteers to help prepare and serve food at the Soup Kitchen. The Clothes Closet at the shelter is always in need of gently used clothes, backpacks or trollies. more
- STITCH: A group of stitchers who meet in each other’s homes and often proceed to lunch at a local restaurant. Meetings provide a friendly forum for lovers of all kinds of needlework (including but not limited to knitting, needlepoint, quilting and cross-stitching) to come together, meet new friends, learn new skills, and share expertise. All skill levels are welcome. So come along and make something special for your friends and families – or maybe even yourself! more
- THEATRE: The theatre quietens… the lights dim… and the curtain slowly opens. London Stage is world-renowned with a variety of shows featured daily. Join us for a fun afternoon that includes lunch at a restaurant near Leicester Square followed by a matinee at a nearby theatre. more
- THURSDAY DRINKS: Meet friends – new and old! Here’s a good way to find out what’s going on, ask questions of your neighbors, etc. When you get at the venue you can order whatever you’d like to eat or drink from the bar, and join our group. more
- TRAVEL GROUP: These two to four night (sometimes even longer, up to a fortnight) trips are organized throughout the year to various European and worldwide destinations. No planning involved – just sign up! more
- WALK & TALK: If you have a park near you, or just like walking & exploring your nearby neighborhoods, but would like some company…you’re the person for us :). Set your own times, and meeting spots. more
- WEDNESDAYS AT THE MOVIES: We’ll try to get us to the cinema at least once a month. We are starting out at Westfield but could change venues as we go along. Join us for lovely non-violent films and maybe lunch before or after depending on time of chosen film. Check out the weekly email for exact movie and time, then email Rosemary if you are coming. more
- WRITING GROUP: Need motivation to start or continue writing? Want a place to spark your creativity or share what you’ve already written? Then look no further – join the Writing Group! This Group is open to anyone who has ever written a line anywhere about anything. more
If one of these activities interests you, we suggest you sign up for the mailing list by emailing the chair or co-chairs listed in the individual pages for each activity! Also, check the calendar (link below) for upcoming events!
For a list of upcoming events, please click here (must be a member to access).
Example of a recent calendar, please click AWC April Calendar