New to London? Welcome! May we offer the following information to help make your transition to British living easier? We’re here to help.
TOP 10 THINGS TO TAKE CARE OF IMMEDIATELY
1. Join the American Women’s Club and attend the New Member Coffee.
2. Set up a Bank Account (see Banking).
3. Set up your television/cable/satellite with either Sky or Virgin Media (see Utilities).
4. Forward your mail from the USA. US Postal Service
5. Get an Oyster Card (see Transportation).
7. Get a mobile phone (See Mobile Phone Companies).
8. Register with your local NHS Doctor (see Medical & NHS).
9. Buy salt for your dishwasher and softener for your washing machine – the hard water will cause your dishes to come out cloudy and your clothes to come out hard as a rock if you don’t!
10. Explore! The best way to get to know a new city is to get out there and hit the pavement! Call your area friend if you need suggestions for anything in your neighborhood.
Clothing Shopping (Clothing/Shoe Conversions, High Street Shops, Department Stores )
Other Shopping (Appliances, Furniture, Pharmacy)