AMERICAN WOMEN’S CLUB HOUSE RULES
The normal opening and closing hours of the club are 10:00am to 2:00pm Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, except bank holidays. If use is required at any other time, arrangements can be made to check out a key from the Office Manager. Times and days may vary; please call the AWC office to verify the office is open.
TO SIGN UP FOR ACTIVITIES:
1. If the activity requires an RSVP, email, or call the Activity Chairperson listed or the AWC office. The description of the activity in the the Weekly Update Email will include that information.
2. If payment is required, you may pay by check, cash, PayPal, or bank transfer.
• If you are in the AWC office and would like to pay by cash, it’s always gladly received by the Office Manager
• When paying by PayPal, follow the ‘pay online’ link from the AWC homepage. Also contact the AWC office to let them know you have paid.
• If you are in the AWC office and would like to pay by cash, its always gladly received by the Office Manager
3. Activities must be paid in advance. We do not send any confirmation notices; however, if you would like to confirm your reservation, feel free to call or email the AWC office.
The cancellation deadline is two weeks prior to the event unless otherwise noted in the London Bridge or Weekly Update Email. With cancellations prior to the stated deadline, we will refund your payment minus any charges incurred. For cancellations after the deadline, a refund cannot be guaranteed. Please call or email the office as soon as possible if you need to cancel as there is often a waiting list for an activity.
1. Guests may be invited to the club activities no more than two times in one year. Family members are exempt from this rule. All fundraising events are exempt from this rule.
2. Due to attendance limitations on many of our events and activities, we must at times restrict our activities to ‘Members Only’ or impose a time frame which allows members first chance at the slots available. In the event a restriction is imposed, you will see this information posted in the Weekly Update email notices.
Our monthly meetings are held usually on the fourth Tuesday of each month, usually at the Landsdowne Club, 9 Fitzmaurice Place W1J 5JD or the Royal Thames Yacht Club, 60 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7LF. Both the Landsdowne and the Royal Thames are private clubs and the dress code is smart (no denim and no athletic shoes). Also, no outside refreshments may be brought into the clubs.
1. The AWC cannot accept responsibility for members’ or guests’ personal property while on the AWC premises.
2. Any member changing or correcting her contact information should advise the Office Manager of her revised contact details.
3. Members are required to inform the AWC office upon resignation or move outside of the UK.
The policy of the AWC is to maintain a non-partisan and non-denominational attitude towards political and religious matters.
The House Rules do not in any way supersede the Articles of Association or By-Laws by which the Club is governed. Any member wishing to see the Articles of Association or Bye-Laws can access them via the ‘Members Only’ section of the AWC website (http://awclondon.org/members-only) or by request to the Company Secretary or a member of the Board of Directors